Blu Penny Ornament Makers Forum
Welcome to the 5th Annual Blu Penny HandMade Holiday Ornament Exchange.

This is a Closed Forum for those that have signed up to participate in the exchange.
Welcome to the 5th Annual Blu Penny HandMade Holiday Ornament Exchange.

This is a Closed Forum for those that have signed up to participate in the exchange.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Sleigh Babies

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Cindy Ann
Admin
Cindy Ann

Sleigh Babies Empty
PostSubject: Sleigh Babies   Sleigh Babies EmptyMon Nov 26, 2012 5:47 pm

Welcome to your exchange group this year!!!

As a group you can decide on a theme or choose to be surprised. It's totally up to you guys!! I always ask each group member to say HI and share 1 fun or interesting thing that they did this year. It's a great way to break the ice and get folks chatting.

Sleigh Babies
Jill Turney, 2608 Coronet Blvd, Belmont, CA, 94002, United States
Holli Conger, HOLLi CONGER studios, 120 La View Drive, Hendersonville, TN, 37075, United States
Monique Morrow, 1006 Forbes Ct, Leesburg, VA, 20176, United States
Shelley Bordeleau, 662 Westmere Rd, Campbell River, British Columbia, V9W 3Z7, Canada
Back to top Go down
https://blupenny-ornamentex.forumotion.com
Shelley Bordeleau

Shelley Bordeleau

Sleigh Babies Empty
PostSubject: Introduction   Sleigh Babies EmptyTue Nov 27, 2012 4:26 am

Hi everyone! I'm Shelley, from Campbell River, BC, Canada. This is the first ornament exchange I've been involved in, and I am quite excited about it! The one fun thing that stands out that happened to me this year is turning 50. We camped out at my favorite lake (in early April...way to chilly to really do that, but we did it anyways!). Lots of friends came by, my sister and her brood camped out with us.. it was way too much fun! Now as to crafting, I became a designer for the Card a Day Blog this past year too... lots of fun expanding my boundaries, trying and combining different techniques. I'm looking forward to hearing more about everyone else's year, and what they like crafting with too!
Back to top Go down
Monique Morrow

Monique Morrow

Sleigh Babies Empty
PostSubject: Hi   Sleigh Babies EmptyWed Nov 28, 2012 1:44 pm

Hi Fellow Sleigh Babies,

I'm Monique, I live in Northern Virginia and work as a data analyst for Ranger Rick (National Wildlife's kids magazine) and the Mom to a train loving 3 year old boy. I love working with data during the day, but I am quite the road crafter since I have one heck of a commute everyday. Last year I made "plarn" (yarn from plastic bags) and crocheted baskets at every stoplight. Right now I have a cross-stitch project in my car that I have been trying to finish FOREVER (like since 2000). It is an 18-count fabric, I love it, but metallic threads are evil.

If my hands are not full of several projects at once I am miserable. So in addition to this ornament exchange I am also prepping for my annual office craft fair with recycled wine cork corkboards, pocket scarves and wine cork coasters. I also have a recycled jean quilt in progress which is my biggest project to date.

I was thinking of making some felt ornaments for this exchange. I find that fabric is the best medium for my skills. Would we want to choose a theme and each make an ornament in the medium of our choice along that theme? I have been thinking about matryoshkas (russian nesting dolls) or doing something with redwork.

Looking forward to getting to know everyone:)

Monique
Back to top Go down
Shelley Bordeleau

Shelley Bordeleau

Sleigh Babies Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sleigh Babies   Sleigh Babies EmptyWed Nov 28, 2012 8:40 pm

Monique Morrow wrote:
Hi Fellow Sleigh Babies,

I was thinking of making some felt ornaments for this exchange. I find that fabric is the best medium for my skills. Would we want to choose a theme and each make an ornament in the medium of our choice along that theme? I have been thinking about matryoshkas (russian nesting dolls) or doing something with redwork.

Monique

Very Cool! I did have in mind making a soldier (so cute, have made about 12 for my tree... have had them for years)... out of clothespins, paint, ribbon, pom poms etc. Red is the main color that sticks out on them... so that is in common with your idea.
Your ornament sounds exquisite, but much more detailed than my idea..... I may have to rethink :-)

Shelley
Back to top Go down
Jill Turney

Sleigh Babies Empty
PostSubject: Hi fellow Sleigh Babies,   Sleigh Babies EmptyFri Nov 30, 2012 2:52 pm

Hi fellow Sleigh Babies,

I'm Jill Turney, by day I'm an art director, designer, and illustrator for a kids activity book publisher, KLUTZ in Palo Alto CA.
At night, I'm a textile pattern design student. I love crafting of all kinds. This is my 4th or 5th year of the ornament exchange (I lost track!)

My favorite thing I did this past year is learn how to sew custom skirts for a week in the summer with my sister in upstate New York.

I'm looking forward to seeing what wonderful things our group comes up with
Back to top Go down
Cindy Ann
Admin
Cindy Ann

Sleigh Babies Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sleigh Babies   Sleigh Babies EmptySat Dec 01, 2012 2:42 pm

I just wanted you to know that I started a place for folks to share all their links to there social media lives.

Stop by take a look and add your handle : https://blupenny-ornamentex.forumotion.com/t23-what-s-your-handle
Back to top Go down
https://blupenny-ornamentex.forumotion.com
Holli Conger

Sleigh Babies Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sleigh Babies   Sleigh Babies EmptyWed Dec 12, 2012 1:16 pm

Hey Sleigh babies!

Nothing like waiting to the last week to introduce myself. I'm Holli Conger and I'm a children's illustrator & licensing artist. This is my second ornament exchange (missed a few years in between). I'm not 100% sure what type of ornament I'll do, but I love working with found objects so it will probably consist of a little of that. Looking forward to seeing everyone's ornaments.

-Holli

http://www.holliconger.com
https://www.facebook.com/HOLLiCONGERstudios
Back to top Go down
Monique Morrow

Monique Morrow

Sleigh Babies Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sleigh Babies   Sleigh Babies EmptyWed Dec 12, 2012 5:28 pm

Welcome Holli and Jill,

I am almost ready to mail my ornaments. I have decided to go with birds made with my Liberty cotton stash. Look forward to receiving everyone's ornaments!

-Monique
Back to top Go down
ShelleyB

Sleigh Babies Empty
PostSubject: Sleigh Babies   Sleigh Babies EmptySat Dec 15, 2012 2:01 pm

I am almost ready to mail out my ornaments as well. This is my first exchange, and one I hope will be a new tradition. I was recently widowed, and wanted to make my first Christmas a bit special. I made clothespin soldiers. I made about a dozen years ago and they are always on my tree. I will post a picture of them soon, and will try to get them out in the mail today, although being Saturday, they probably won't make it into the mail until Monday :-( My apologies to the group about that.
Shelley
Back to top Go down
Shelley Bordeleau

Shelley Bordeleau

Sleigh Babies Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sleigh Babies   Sleigh Babies EmptySun Dec 16, 2012 1:24 am

I am almost ready to mail out my ornaments as well. This is my first exchange, and one I hope will be a new tradition. I was recently widowed, and wanted to make my first Christmas a bit special. I made clothespin soldiers. I made about a dozen years ago and they are always on my tree. I will post a picture of them soon, and will try to get them out in the mail today, although being Saturday, they probably won't make it into the mail until Monday :-( My apologies to the group about that.
Shelley
Back to top Go down
Jill Turney

Sleigh Babies Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sleigh Babies   Sleigh Babies EmptyMon Dec 17, 2012 12:38 am

Hi gals,
My ornaments will also be shipped out Monday. I also chose a bird theme like Monique. I can't wait to see everyone's ornaments Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Shelley Bordeleau

Shelley Bordeleau

Sleigh Babies Empty
PostSubject: I think I just got Jill's ornament   Sleigh Babies EmptyThu Dec 20, 2012 4:54 pm

Wow! Wonderful green birdie... not sure if it is your's Jill, no name inside, and just the UPS sticker from CA.
Makes me look forward to getting the mail now!
I'm actually leaving town until Christmas now, but will enjoy everyone's ornament afterward. I'm seriously thinking of leaving the tree up an extra two weeks this year!
Back to top Go down
Monique Morrow

Monique Morrow

Sleigh Babies Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sleigh Babies   Sleigh Babies EmptyFri Dec 21, 2012 12:52 pm

Holli,

I received your ornament on Tuesday, it is gorgeous!! Thanks so much!

Monique
Back to top Go down
Shelley Bordeleau

Shelley Bordeleau

Sleigh Babies Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sleigh Babies   Sleigh Babies EmptyWed Jan 09, 2013 11:12 pm

I received everyone's ornaments now! They are all so beautiful! Hope my humble soldier made it through the mail. I am so thankful that you guys let me be a part of the exchange!
Shelley

Monique Morrow wrote:
Holli,

I received your ornament on Tuesday, it is gorgeous!! Thanks so much!

Monique
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Sleigh Babies Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sleigh Babies   Sleigh Babies Empty

Back to top Go down

Sleigh Babies
Page 1 of 1