Blu Penny Ornament Makers Forum
Welcome to the 5th Annual Blu Penny HandMade Holiday Ornament Exchange.

This is a Closed Forum for those that have signed up to participate in the exchange.
Welcome to the 5th Annual Blu Penny HandMade Holiday Ornament Exchange.

This is a Closed Forum for those that have signed up to participate in the exchange.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Cookies & Carrots

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Cindy Ann
Admin
Cindy Ann

Cookies & Carrots Empty
PostSubject: Cookies & Carrots   Cookies & Carrots EmptyMon Nov 26, 2012 5:46 pm

Welcome to your exchange group this year!!!

As a group you can decide on a theme or choose to be surprised. It's totally up to you guys!! I always ask each group member to say HI and share 1 fun or interesting thing that they did this year. It's a great way to break the ice and get folks chatting.

Cookies & Carrots
Kilani Robinson, 4500 Connecticut Ave NW, Apt 712, Washington, DC, 20008, United States
christina hess, 2337 South Hick's Street, Philadelphia, PA, 19145, United States
Myleen Obando, 157 Hidden Court Rd Hollywood, FL 33023
Nasley Proa, 838A Menges St, Sausalito, CA, 94965, United States
Back to top Go down
https://blupenny-ornamentex.forumotion.com
Myleen

Myleen

Cookies & Carrots Empty
PostSubject: Let's get Crafty!   Cookies & Carrots EmptyMon Nov 26, 2012 10:27 pm

Hi my fellow crafters! I'm Myleen and super excited to be joining in on the fun for a 2nd year! Last year the group I was in we all did our own thing. Would everyone like to follow the group theme or fly solo?

A little FYI about me. I live in South Florida with my husband, Allan, son, Mason and two dogs, Bailey and Aries. When I'm not making a mess and gluing my fingers together, you can find me online providing Marketing and Communications support to Creative Professionals.

Itching to get started!
Back to top Go down
Nasley Proa

Cookies & Carrots Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cookies & Carrots   Cookies & Carrots EmptyMon Nov 26, 2012 10:39 pm

Hello Everyone! My name is Nasley. I am also doing this exchange for the 2nd time. It was so much fun receiving all the packages in the mail and adding ornaments to my tree as they came in. I cant wait to see what everyone comes up with this year.

I do not mind if we pick a theme or not, but I would like to get started ASAP. Last year I made some mistakes and wished I had more time to fix them.

A little bit about me... I live in Sausalito, California in a National Park called Golden Gate National Recreation Area. I work for a Children's Museum and facilitate science programs with preschool children.
Back to top Go down
Kilani Robinson

Cookies & Carrots Empty
PostSubject: Hello!   Cookies & Carrots EmptyTue Nov 27, 2012 12:07 am

Hi, it's my 2nd year as well and I have a few ornaments I've been messing around with. But I'm also happy to try to come up with something theme-y.

Does anyone have favorite colors or a Xmas decor theme they use? It's my first year having a reasonably normal sized tree, so I'm quite excited for new decorations and don't have any particular theme yet.

Hm, the biggest event for me this year was moving back to the Washington, DC area. Last week I FINALLY finished unpacking/sorting the craft room/guest room!! I spend a good chunk of my time reading and petting my 3 kitties.

Looking forward to this!

Oh, also, would anyone be interested in some kind of little... postcard or tiny souvenir exchange with this? Just something small from your hometown tucked into the box. I miss travelling and revel a bit in the DC area's tourist-y delights.
Back to top Go down
Myleen

Myleen

Cookies & Carrots Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cookies & Carrots   Cookies & Carrots EmptyTue Nov 27, 2012 12:18 am

Hi Kilani and Nasley!

@Kilani - Love the postcard idea! I too just upgraded to a full size tree so definitely looking forward to filling in those bald spots. My color theme this year is red, green and gold. I personally try to keep everything simple with a little sparkle. Like a Star @ heaven

@Nasley - Looking forward to starting ASAP too. Itching to get the ole glue gun out to play! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Kilani Robinson

Cookies & Carrots Empty
PostSubject: The classics   Cookies & Carrots EmptyThu Nov 29, 2012 1:38 am

I'm happy to stick to that red/gold/green kind of classic holiday thing. We just got our tree (!!!) ... in a box... LOL so I'm starting to get into the spirit a bit now.

I'll start keeping an eye out for silly souvenirs or postcards here. Gives me an excuse to hit some tourist spots in the next couple weeks!
Back to top Go down
Cindy Ann
Admin
Cindy Ann

Cookies & Carrots Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cookies & Carrots   Cookies & Carrots EmptySat Dec 01, 2012 2:38 pm

I just wanted you to know that I started a place for folks to share all their links to there social media lives.

Stop by take a look and add your handle : https://blupenny-ornamentex.forumotion.com/t23-what-s-your-handle
Back to top Go down
https://blupenny-ornamentex.forumotion.com
Myleen

Myleen

Cookies & Carrots Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cookies & Carrots   Cookies & Carrots EmptySun Dec 02, 2012 11:41 am

Hi ladies, let's just do our own thing. Super excited to see what we all come up with! Wink
Back to top Go down
Christina Hess

Cookies & Carrots Empty
PostSubject: Hello!   Cookies & Carrots EmptySun Dec 02, 2012 2:19 pm

Hi everyone,

I'm very excited to participate for my third year! I am an editorial/book illustrator and part time college instructor living in sunny Philadelphia. I don't often have a chance to use glitter so I satisfy my desire for all things shiny with gold leaf. I love the post card idea and will be on the lookout for some touristy things in my area.

I'm thinking eggs as a base to work with. Although I love decorating hollowed out eggs I'm considering the metallic plastic ones. I'm not sure my idea will work so don't be surprised if you get something else!

Is everyone good with the red, gold and green classic theme? I'm up for anything so surprise me!

Ok......I have to buy a new glue gun, so off to the art store. It's nice to meet all of you!

Christy
Back to top Go down
Kilani Robinson

Cookies & Carrots Empty
PostSubject: Ideas!   Cookies & Carrots EmptyMon Dec 03, 2012 2:13 pm

I haven't sorted out what I'm doing yet, but I did find this site that has PILES of DIY ornaments... just something to skim through for inspiration!!

http://theornamentgirl.com/blog/
Back to top Go down
Christina Hess

Cookies & Carrots Empty
PostSubject: Finished!   Cookies & Carrots EmptySun Dec 09, 2012 8:37 pm

Hi Ladies!

I finished the ornaments and will be sending them off this week. I scrapped the egg idea and went with paper mache and glitter glue. A lot of glitter glue Smile

I hope you like them and I hope yours are going well! I just posted the pics on the facebook event wall if you want to take a gander.....here's the link....

https://www.facebook.com/events/292256504217819/

I look forward to small little packages! Have a great week everyone!

Christy
Back to top Go down
Kilani Robinson

Cookies & Carrots Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cookies & Carrots   Cookies & Carrots EmptyThu Dec 13, 2012 5:04 pm

Christina! I got your ornament yesterday, it's lovely! And just in time, we just decorated our tree last night. :-)

All of my ornaments are drying, so I have some finishing touches to put on tonight and I'll mail tomorrow afternoon. Yay!

Lani
Back to top Go down
Christina Hess

Cookies & Carrots Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cookies & Carrots   Cookies & Carrots EmptyThu Dec 13, 2012 10:50 pm

Kilani,

I'm so glad you like it!

I'm looking forward to relieving yours!

Christina
Back to top Go down
Nasley Proa

Cookies & Carrots Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cookies & Carrots   Cookies & Carrots EmptyFri Dec 14, 2012 3:04 am

I got your ornament too Cristina. Its beautiful. Expect mine soon!
Back to top Go down
Myleen

Myleen

Cookies & Carrots Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cookies & Carrots   Cookies & Carrots EmptyMon Dec 17, 2012 5:37 pm

Hi Ladies!
Just sent my ornaments out to you. Smile
And sorry, I tried to find postcards. The closest place was on the beach. Sad

Just checked my mailbox and got Christina's package! Super cute!

Hope everyone had fun crafting!
Back to top Go down
Kilani R

Cookies & Carrots Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cookies & Carrots   Cookies & Carrots EmptyMon Dec 17, 2012 8:52 pm

Got a lovely owl today! Gorgeous!!

Shipped my stuff out Saturday and I am SO worried that they won't ship safely. :-/ Keeping my fingers cross that they all arrive in one piece.
Back to top Go down
Christina Hess

Cookies & Carrots Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cookies & Carrots   Cookies & Carrots EmptySun Dec 23, 2012 8:21 pm

I now have three beautiful ornaments hanging on my tree......They all are awesome! Thanks so much everyone and I hope you have a terrific holiday!!! Merry Christmas to all!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Cookies & Carrots Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cookies & Carrots   Cookies & Carrots Empty

Back to top Go down

Cookies & Carrots
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Blu Penny Ornament Makers Forum  :: Group Chat-
Jump to: